This post is not related to programming or puzzles, but is more focused towards other stimulants for our brain. This information from various sources and it is scattered all over the internet. I will try to be as precise as I can. Here we go.
Food: What you eat and drink:
Healthy food=healthy body=healthy mind. Nothing is better than a proper healthy diet with lots of green veggies and other nutritious food items out there. Below is the list which can supplement a healthy diet. They are still subject of different studies, with some saying that they are good for a healthy brain, while other studies finding no such results. I am going to go along with the studies which claim these food items to be good, because, at least, they are not harmful if taken in moderation, and have other health benefits as well.
- Omega-3 food source: Food rich in omega-3 fatty acid is good for memory! For vegetarians, there is choice of nuts like walnut, flax seed, pumpkin seeds etc. For non-vegetarians, fishes like salmon, sardines, trout, tune, herring, and mackerel make an excellent source. The important thing to remember is to control the size of these type of food as they are rich in fat. There is a complete article about it at wikipedia. I suggest you read it before starting.
- Blueberries/Grapes/Pomegranate : They are known to contain powerful antioxidants, which are beneficial for memory and clarity in thinking. Eating them in the morning is one sure way to be alert for the day, they say.
- Tea/Coffee/Dark Chocolate: Here is something that I love. Green tea/black tea/coffee raise alertness by the virtue of their content. While tea is renowned for its antioxidant content, coffee is well known for caffeine it contains (hence to be taken in moderation). Chocolates are good as well, but in strict moderation. It is best to avoid table sugar in all the above three: Tea, coffee and chocolate. Green tea with mint flavor is my favorite, and next is why.
- Mint: Our brain is affected by smells. Peppermint, cinnamon, lemon etc are towards good side of food chain.
- Glucose: Low to Moderate amount of glucose is good for brain and offers a short boost to memory. But large amount of it is bad..very bad for both body and brain.